Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's the best substitute to the adapter (charger head)?

What is best to use when your adapter gets spoil. another adapter from a different company which is not apple or a pc (which is not a mac book)?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 7:10 AM

Every computer with a running USB port can charge your iPhone.

This operation could be a little bit slower than charging your device via wall charger, and you need to keep your computer turned on...

Have you checked if you can find a wall charger, being sure that it's MFi certified? (MFi = Made for iPhone, iPod, iPpad).

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2018 7:10 AM in response to McCandle

Every computer with a running USB port can charge your iPhone.

This operation could be a little bit slower than charging your device via wall charger, and you need to keep your computer turned on...

Have you checked if you can find a wall charger, being sure that it's MFi certified? (MFi = Made for iPhone, iPod, iPpad).

Regards

Giulio

Mar 15, 2018 7:10 AM in response to McCandle

Any major, trustworthy brand of USB power supply should be fine. Belkin is certainly popular and easy to find - I have a Belkin 1amp USB power supply I’ve used with numerous iPhones back to my iPhone 4 with no issues.

I have also used vendor giveaway 1amp USB adapters at meetings in a pinch without issue. As long it outputs USB standard 5v and at least 1A the power adapter should be fine.

Whatever you use, make sure to use an Apple or MFI certified USB-to-lightening cable.

What's the best substitute to the adapter (charger head)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.