Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app-specific passcodes

I have IPhone X and want to check my list of app-specific passcodes that have been generated for my iCloud account.

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 4:19 AM

4 replies

Mar 15, 2018 9:07 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Roger - I'm not seeing any "View History" option in the Apple Account page. It has always been my experience that you simply need to re-generate a new password if you haven't got the initial one written down somewhere. Since they really are "temporary" passwords, I don't think it matters much if one needs to generate new ones whenever they have to sign in again.

Am I missing something? 🙂

GB

Mar 15, 2018 12:19 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks Roger,

I apparently didn't have any set up currently, ergo, no History.

I added a couple, and although there is a View History all it does is list the App-Specific password by the name you provided when you set it up, the date it was set up, and the option to delete it (or to revoke all of them). So, it is more of a management tool rather than a way to find out what those app-specific passwords actually are.

Thanks! 🙂

GB

app-specific passcodes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.