Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad "hey siri" stopped working

I'm asking this question so that I can answer it and try to help others.

I've been using "hey siri" quite a bit on my new iPad Pro for a few weeks and suddenly it stopped working. I could use siri if I pressed the home button, but it would not respond to "hey siri".

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6, has smart cover

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 6:19 AM

So, after reading the official Apple support post on this issue, I tried soft restart, hard power-cycle, checking settings etc. None of it helped. Then I noticed that if you have a smart cover, and it is closed it will not work. My smart cover was open, but I tried closing it and re-opening it. This was enough to get Siri working again for me.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2018 6:19 AM in response to SD Kalter

So, after reading the official Apple support post on this issue, I tried soft restart, hard power-cycle, checking settings etc. None of it helped. Then I noticed that if you have a smart cover, and it is closed it will not work. My smart cover was open, but I tried closing it and re-opening it. This was enough to get Siri working again for me.

ipad "hey siri" stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.