Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts Rejected

I have had two podcasts running on iTunes for the past five years. I had an issue with one of the them not updating new shows in the store. I contacted support and they were working on the issue for the past few weeks. Just last night I received notice that both my podcasts were taken down on iTunes Connect as rejected.

I did not have them marked explicit and had a guest swear a bit on a new show. I marked each episode as explicit though. Should I try to resubmit the podcast with a different feed or wait to be contacted by iTunes support?

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 7:59 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 15, 2018 9:09 AM in response to pcorcoran0018

When you have strong language in even only one episode you must flag that episode as explicit, but you must also flag the entire podcast as explicit using the itunes:explicit tag in the top section of the feed (before the first 'item' tag. That's very possibly what went wrong.

When you have dealt with this you may be able to go to Podcasts Connect and resubmit your feed. However some reasons for rejection will mean you cannot resubmit the podcast and it will be dimmed out in the dashboard at Podcasts Connect. In this case you will either have to contact Support and request reactivation, or change the feed URL and the podcast title and resubmit it as a new feed (which will lose any rankings, reviews, etc.). To contact Support go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Podcasts Rejected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.