Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod mini reboot loop

I have just upgraded my iPod mini (2nd gen) with a 64 gigabyte CF card. I had iTunes restore the ipod, then synced my music with it. When it was done syncing, I told it to eject. It ejected, then came right back up with the folder icon and the "www.apple.com/support/ipod" link. I have tried to format the card with disk utility, but cannot due to a reboot loop. Whenever the iPod is connected to my computer (iMac running Sierra OS with latest iTunes) it reboots every 5 seconds. It gets through the apple logo, shows the folder for a sec, then switches to the "syncing, do not disconnect" screen. It then powers down, and repeats the process. I am connecting it to a USB 2.0 port on the back through a wire that I tested with my brother's iPod (also a mini, same gen, just 16GB card instead).What should I try now?

I can answer any other questions you have regarding the setup I'm using if more info is needed.

Thank you in advance for any advice on this.

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 7:48 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

ipod mini reboot loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.