Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Deleted all my MAC Data

I accidentally disabled my icloud and now lost all my MACbook pro files. IS there any WAY to get them back? please help.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 8:10 AM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2018 8:40 AM in response to Riayad

Not sure what you mean by "disabled" but if you mean that you turned off Desktop and Documents in iCloud System Preferences, the following from Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support may help:

When you turn off Desktop & Documents Folders, your files stay in iCloud Drive and a new Desktop and Documents folder is created on your Mac in the home folder. You can move files from iCloud Drive to your Mac as you need them, or select all of your files and drag them to the place you want to keep them.

1. From your Mac, go to Apple menu User uploaded file > System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Next to iCloud Drive, click Options.
  3. Deselect Desktop & Documents Folders.
  4. Click Done.

If you turn off iCloud Drive or sign out of iCloud, you have the option to keep a local copy of your files that are in iCloud Drive. Whether you decide to keep a local copy or not, a new Desktop and Documents folder is created in your home folder. If you choose to keep a local copy, your files in iCloud Drive are copied to a folder called iCloud Drive (Archive) in your home folder. Then you have the option to move any files that were in your iCloud Desktop and Documents, back to your new local Desktop and Documents.

Mar 15, 2018 1:52 PM in response to Riayad

Apple ID is locked or disabled

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

iCloud Deleted all my MAC Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.