Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Show Captions in Quicktime

I have seen this post before, but my problem was not solved with the solutions available in those posts.

I have the captions embedded with the CEA-608 standard, per quicktime guidelines.

In system preferences I have checked the checkbox saying that I "prefer closed captions and SDH," and restarted afterward.

Curious why the captions option is not showing up in the "view," tab if my captions are embedded with the 608 standard....

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 9:12 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 3, 2018 10:54 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Yeah according to Apple documentation CEA-608 is what Quicktime is supposed to use. Utter failure, the option to view captions doesn't even show up in the view tab in Quicktime, no matter if they are embedded or in a sidecar. The Burned In captions don't even show up lol.

If I did my job the way software developers do their job I would starve to death and lose my house....not in that order.

Cannot Show Captions in Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.