Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iOS 11.2.6, how do I turn off Apple Pay?

Using iOS 11.2.6, how do I turn off Apple Pay? I'm on an iPhone 5c.

Technically, Apple Pay is already "off" in "Wallet & Apple Pay," in that I have not turned on "Apple Pay Cash" and have not added any credit cards. However, Apple has automatically added a credit card I use in the App Store and I would like to remove it. I do not see a "Remove Card" option. Also, I would like to stop getting reminders to set up Apple Pay.

Thanks in advance.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2018 10:10 AM

Just an update in case anyone else has this problem: If Apple has imported credit card/other payment info to Wallet for you, you will find that it is not complete. In order to access the "remove card" option, you actually have to first COMPLETE the payment info (sigh). Then delete it. IIRC, that's also when to the option to turn of setup reminders becomes available, but it's been a while and my memory of this is dim. Perhaps the reminders simply stop then, bc you faked out the OS by setting it up, then removing it. Good luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2018 10:10 AM in response to mariefromlambertville

Just an update in case anyone else has this problem: If Apple has imported credit card/other payment info to Wallet for you, you will find that it is not complete. In order to access the "remove card" option, you actually have to first COMPLETE the payment info (sigh). Then delete it. IIRC, that's also when to the option to turn of setup reminders becomes available, but it's been a while and my memory of this is dim. Perhaps the reminders simply stop then, bc you faked out the OS by setting it up, then removing it. Good luck!

Using iOS 11.2.6, how do I turn off Apple Pay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.