Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iMac 2017 i7 performance after upgrading memory

Hi,

I just upgraded my new iMac 2017 i7 1 TB SSD from Apple 8 GB ram to Crucial 64 GB, I did notice improving in booting, but other tasks have underperformed I realize, is it possible? is there a proper test which I can run on iMac which reflects right memory performance?

User uploaded file

iMac

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 15, 2018 10:49 AM in response to nhamoda1 In response to nhamoda1

Never install any app that has "Dr." in it's name. lol

If you have real time scanning running in Malwarebytes that could slow things down some.

But what makes you say it's "underperforming"?

IMHO, people waste more time measuring their computers performance than actually doing something with it.

Mar 15, 2018 10:49 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 15, 2018 12:08 PM in response to dialabrain In response to dialabrain

you are right, I feel that the system become heavier after the upgrade, I've deleted both apps, will keep checking the system after, would love to hear about a software then can really test memory performance.

P.S when you own a fast car you do want to check the limits and drive very fast in it, isn't that right? 🙂

Mar 15, 2018 12:08 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 15, 2018 12:19 PM in response to nhamoda1 In response to nhamoda1

There's nothing wrong with Malwarebytes per se. You can use it when and if ever necessary manually. It doesn't have to run in the background.

You can post a EtreCheck report so anything obvious will possibly be seen.

I don't know what "become heavier" means. I've owned computers for more decades than I care to say and never once have I been tempted to "check the limits".

Mar 15, 2018 12:19 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 15, 2018 12:19 PM in response to nhamoda1 In response to nhamoda1

about a software then can really test memory performance

There is one that comes with every Mac. It's called Activity Monitor. As long as the memory graph is in the green there's no memory issues to worry about:

User uploaded file

Mar 15, 2018 12:19 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: nhamoda1

Question: iMac 2017 i7 performance after upgrading memory