Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Mac Mini and a L192ws-sn LG monitor. I changed the settings to 1080 and the screen went black and shows a out of range error. Clicking on the black screen does noting. Is there a way to get back to the proper setting?

I have a Mac Mini(2011) and a LG monitor. I changed the display to 1080p and the screen went black and an "out of range error" occurred. I cannot get back to change display because the screen stays in black and clicking the screen in black does nothing.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2018 11:34 AM

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac (formerly: Try safe mode if your Mac doesn't finish starting up (formerly: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? (Mac OS X))) - http://support.apple.com/HT201262

I am kind of surprised. My memory is there's a fail-safe kind of built into display selection so if you choose something bad and do not click on the accept button it automatically reverts after 10 seconds or so.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2018 11:34 AM in response to jean paulfromstillwater lake

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac (formerly: Try safe mode if your Mac doesn't finish starting up (formerly: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? (Mac OS X))) - http://support.apple.com/HT201262

I am kind of surprised. My memory is there's a fail-safe kind of built into display selection so if you choose something bad and do not click on the accept button it automatically reverts after 10 seconds or so.

I have a Mac Mini and a L192ws-sn LG monitor. I changed the settings to 1080 and the screen went black and shows a out of range error. Clicking on the black screen does noting. Is there a way to get back to the proper setting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.