Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I have a Mac Mini and a L192ws-sn LG monitor. I changed the settings to 1080 and the screen went black and shows a out of range error. Clicking on the black screen does noting. Is there a way to get back to the proper setting?

I have a Mac Mini(2011) and a LG monitor. I changed the display to 1080p and the screen went black and an "out of range error" occurred. I cannot get back to change display because the screen stays in black and clicking the screen in black does nothing.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 10, 2018 11:34 AM in response to jean paulfromstillwater lake In response to jean paulfromstillwater lake

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac (formerly: Try safe mode if your Mac doesn't finish starting up (formerly: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? (Mac OS X))) - http://support.apple.com/HT201262

I am kind of surprised. My memory is there's a fail-safe kind of built into display selection so if you choose something bad and do not click on the accept button it automatically reverts after 10 seconds or so.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 10, 2018 11:34 AM in response to jean paulfromstillwater lake In response to jean paulfromstillwater lake

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac (formerly: Try safe mode if your Mac doesn't finish starting up (formerly: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? (Mac OS X))) - http://support.apple.com/HT201262

I am kind of surprised. My memory is there's a fail-safe kind of built into display selection so if you choose something bad and do not click on the accept button it automatically reverts after 10 seconds or so.

Apr 10, 2018 11:34 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: jean paulfromstillwater lake

Question: I have a Mac Mini and a L192ws-sn LG monitor. I changed the settings to 1080 and the screen went black and shows a out of range error. Clicking on the black screen does noting. Is there a way to get back to the proper setting?