Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t access my account

I have two accounts on my Mac. One is my normal one and one is the administrator. When I went onto my Mac one day it said storage drive almost full. I then went away for a minute and when I came back my password didn’t work. I tried shutting it down which worked but know my normal account does not show up when logging in anymore.

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 8:33 AM

Can you log into the admin account? If so, check your normal user account to see if the information is correct. In System Preferences/Users & Groups, check the Login Options and set it to List of users. If that is set, try Name and password. Make sure the account isn't hidden. Restart and test.

User - Hide

Disk Space - Free Up

Disk Space – Free Up (2)

Disk Space – Free Up (3)

Disk Space - Free Up - Mavericks

Disk Space Filling Up – OmniDiskSweeper 10.8+

Disk Space Filling Up - WhatSize

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 8:33 AM in response to BMWGamer01

Can you log into the admin account? If so, check your normal user account to see if the information is correct. In System Preferences/Users & Groups, check the Login Options and set it to List of users. If that is set, try Name and password. Make sure the account isn't hidden. Restart and test.

User - Hide

Disk Space - Free Up

Disk Space – Free Up (2)

Disk Space – Free Up (3)

Disk Space - Free Up - Mavericks

Disk Space Filling Up – OmniDiskSweeper 10.8+

Disk Space Filling Up - WhatSize

Mar 17, 2018 7:39 AM in response to BMWGamer01

Can you log into your admin normal account? Can you delete some files to make space on the hard drive?

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart or hold down the option/alt key during a restart and select Recovery Volume). Run Disk Utility and select First Aid. Then re-install the OS.

OS X Recovery

OS X Recovery (2)

Can’t access my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.