Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

Is there a way to recover missing photos that are not in my recently deleted folder?

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 11:47 AM

1 reply

Mar 16, 2018 12:03 PM in response to Jessican1989

Hey Jessican1989,

I understand you're wanting to recover your missing photos that aren't located in your deleted folder. Photos are very important, and I'd be happy to provide guidance on retrieving missing photos.

We have a great resource to help with missing photos here:

Get help with missing photos - Apple Support
Since you've already checked your deleted folder, you can skip that section and start here:

Make sure iCloud Photo Library is turned on

iCloud Photo Library securely stores all your photos and videos in iCloud, so that you can access them on all your devices. If you took a photo on your iPhone but don't see it on your other devices, check your settings.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud.
  2. Tap Photos.
  3. Turn on iCloud Photo Library.

On your Mac:

1. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Next to Options, click Photos.
  3. Select iCloud Photo Library.

After you turn on iCloud Photo Library, connect to Wi-Fi and wait a few minutes. Then look for your photos again.

Photos that you add to your device with iTunes won't stay up to date with iCloud. Get help if you have photos from iTunes.

If you're not using iCloud Photo Library, you can also restore from a previous backup that contains the missing photos by using these steps:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support
Cheers!

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.