Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't approve my iPhone from PC - why???

When I updated my iPhone SE, I was continually prompted to "Update Apple ID Settings."

I enter my iCloud password, then I enter my phone passcode. Finally, I receive an "Approve This iPhone" message that prompts me to approve the phone from another device. The only other device I have is my PC. I can find no away to approve the phone from my Macbook. Nothing pops up, no code and no area to enter a code.

The only other option I seem to have is resetting my protected data, but I'm not sure exactly what will be lost when I do that. What should I do?

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 12:43 PM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2018 2:08 PM in response to Alexandra666

What OS are you running on the Mac?

You should have no issues getting the Approve request on the Mac if you are running Yosemite or higher, and are signed into the same iCloud account that you are signed into on the iOS device.

Check to make sure the Mac is showing up as a Trusted Device in your Apple ID via your browser: Apple - My Apple ID.

Once you sign in with the same Apple/iCoud account you should see your Mac listed below with your iPhone (and any other stuff you have on Yosemite or higher or on iOS 9 or higher). ANYWAY....here's a support article with the info about getting it added. Once it's added you should be good to go: Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

Can't approve my iPhone from PC - why???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.