Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iCal alert doesn't sync with Google Calendar and overwrites the Alert in Google Calendar

Issue: The Alert in iCal calendar doesn't sync with Alerts set in Google Calendar

This is probably a Bug. If Apple tech can acknowledge it and let me know when this is being fixed as this is being lingering since iPhone's inception. (I never realized that I will have to put my precious time for Apple QAs who have missed it)

Assume you are on: iOS 11.2.5 or later

1. Set Data / Wifi to "ON" on iPhone

2. Set Google account in iCal Calendar as default calendar.

3. Create an event in Google Calendar app or on desktop and customize the Alert to be set to lets say 2 hours and 17 hours before

4. Let iCal sync assume you are on slowest internet speed in some part of World and give it 5 minutes

5. Launch the iCal Calendar app: and observe the Alert

The first Alert will display: "At time of event"

Second Alert will display: "30 minutes before"

Despite being customized to set in Google Calendar, iCal not only displays what it likes to display but at times overwrites Google Calendar event without user's discretion.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.5, iCal Calendar native App

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: perfectcritic

Question: iCal alert doesn't sync with Google Calendar and overwrites the Alert in Google Calendar