Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Oh Boy, I Think I Broke My MacBook

Welp. To start i wanted to mention that all of this started because i had the "MacBook Stuck in Loading Screen" problem and i was an idiot and tried to fix it myself, so you see..I did the "Command and R" combination and i directly went to disk utility, and in disk utility there were 3 disk the Macintosh HD and "OS X Based System" and i clicked the recover on Macintosh HD and it Selected the "OS X Based System" disk to recover from. and you know how that ends. Now everytime i turn on my MacBook Pro (wich by the way is a 2013 model) it boots into the "Command and R" screen, and that's my fault i know...but here the other thing, now that i realized that i basically broke everything, i tried to re-Install OS X but now it says "Permission Denied", and now to make it worse, in disk utility i can't erase the "OS X Based System" disk (wich was Macintosh HD but it was renamed in the Recovery proccess.) so yeah. You can call me idiot all you want and i'll be ok with it. Because i am an idiot.

Help Please!

- An Idiot.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 12:45 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 15, 2018 12:50 PM in response to JuanEsR

Install El Capitan or Later from Scratch

If possible backup your files.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately after the chime hold down the CommandandRkeys until the Apple logo appears. When the Utility Menu appears:
  2. Select Disk Utility from the Utility Menu and click on Continue button.
  3. When Disk Utility loads select the volume (indented entry, usually Macintosh HD) from the Device list.
  4. Click on the Erase icon in Disk Utility's main window. A panel will drop down.
  5. Set the Format type to APFS (SSDs only) or Mac OS Extended (Journaled.)
  6. Click on the Apply button, then wait for the Done button to activate and click on it.
  7. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  8. Select Install OS X and click on the Continue button.

This will install the version of OS X you had installed.

Oh Boy, I Think I Broke My MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.