Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading OS NOT to high Sierra

Hello,

I run a complex fine art reproduction business and need to upgrade my one of my iMacs (OS Yosemite) to a more current version. If I install High Sierra, many of my programs and print drivers for digital printing do not support this sudden change. I did upgrade to High Sierra and it was un-usable with our complex variety of print drivers, colour profiles and image manipulation software, and had to revert back to OS 10.10. Why can I not find a lower version to install and slowly upgrade my OS. This has been an issue ever since I started to work with Mac computers (OS 6). In the old days, one just needed to find a dvd, but now that the OS is online, I cannot get anything but the highest version online. This issue has cause soooo many problems over the years and Apple just doesn't offer any help (older versions available). All I want to do is upgrade between OS Yosemite and High Sierra. I would pay for access. I have been a power user since the beginning of OS 6, why, oh why is there not a solution for this? I understand that if I had downloaded a previous version in my account, I could access the right OS, why would I not have access to all the OS versions. Is the only solution to my problem to wipe my drive and reload a huge assortment of programs, fonts, drivers, profiles, email archives, bookmarks, calibrations, etc?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 1:51 PM

To upgrade to El Capitan(10.11), log into the Mac App Store with an Apple ID previously used to download it and click on the Purchases tab.

To upgrade to Sierra(10.12), click here.

(158709)

Similar questions

1 reply

Upgrading OS NOT to high Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.