Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing an iCloud id

Quite some time back I had an iCloud I’d which I then changed to my hotmail one. All has been well but now in my settings I’m been promoted to sign in again using iCloud id. I don’t have the password has changed to the hotmail account and have tried to remove this from my Apple account. Does anyone know how to remove it from personal settings please

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 1:24 PM

5 replies

Mar 15, 2018 1:33 PM in response to scfromwales

OK, something doesn't add up here.

1. Do you mean that some time ago, you were using an Apple account that had an iCloud.com ID? And that you then decided to set up a brand new Apple ID with a hotmail email address? We need the answer to this question to be able to proceed.

2. When you say you are being prompted to sign into the iCloud ID in your "Settings", where is it that you mean? What Setting is asking for your iCloud ID instead of the other Apple account?

Cheers,

GB

Mar 15, 2018 2:19 PM in response to gail from maine

Hi Gail

In general settings it’s saying update Apple ID as some account services will not be available until I sign in again.

when I click on continue it’s showing my old icloud.comand asking for a password. Both my iPhone and iPad are supposed to be synced yet I can update on my iPhone but not my iPad. So in other words my iPhone is showing y hotmail account but on my iPad it’s showing has iCloud.com. Does that make sense?

Sue

Removing an iCloud id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.