Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook shuts down while reinstalling

Hey guys,

I bought an used MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina from late 2012. Apparently the user before deleted everything included the OS which means I get this Folder with a question mark. If I try Internet Recovery it works till I get to a grey background where I can choose my language. After that my Mac shuts down immediately(sometimes even before I can choose my language). I also tried to use a bootable USB-stick with the latest version of Mac OS High Sierra. It shows the stick with High Sierra but if I choose to boot from it it shuts down after a few seconds. I also tried to start in safe mode but after a few seconds it shuts down as well. The build in Mac Hardware runs threw with 0 problems detected.

I'm just at a point where I don't know what to do anymore and hope anybody of you might have another idea.

Thank you very much

Moritz Vetter

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 2:23 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

MacBook shuts down while reinstalling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.