Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Archive mailboxes?

I'm running Sierra on an iMac (fairly recent vintage). When I switched to Time-Warner cable, I noticed that I had, in addition to my usual mailboxes, two sets of Time-Warner mailboxes for each of two accounts. These contain the following mailboxes: Deleted Messages, Junk, Junkmail, Sent Messages, SentMail, and Trash. I also have an "Archive" mailbox, which I didn't create, which itself contains three mailboxes called "On My Mac". There's a message in each one - the same message. I don't recall putting it there.

Why are these mailboxes there and can I delete them. The T-W mailboxes I can sort of understand as being default mailboxes that were created when I switched to cable from DSL. Not sure why I need the Archive mailboxes though.

I've enclosed a JPG.

User uploaded file

macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 15, 2018 7:56 PM in response to ArbeeNYC In response to ArbeeNYC

I would check the Time Warner e-mail web site/your account to see if the Archive mailboxes are an option that you can change. If you can't find that option, if you control - click on the mailboxes, do you get a delete option?

Mar 15, 2018 7:56 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ArbeeNYC

Question: Archive mailboxes?