Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods volume range in half, no audio below 60% volume.

I just bought AirPods and they only play audio from 60% volume on up, and it's quiet until you go 90-100%. anything below 60% and you can't hear it. That's more than half the volume range missing. This does not happen on my wired earbuds nor on my 3rd party wireless over the ear phones. Anyone have any ideas?

AirPods

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 1:24 PM

Hi Chris. Thanks for your reply but that is not st all helpful. My AirPods are already paired. The issue is the low end of the volume being completely silent.

3 replies

Mar 16, 2018 11:40 AM in response to j.bu

Hey, j.bu.

It appears that your AirPods volume isn't working as expected. You're able to hear sound when the volume is at 60%, but it's still too quiet. Anything below 60%, and you're unable to hear at all. I'm happy to help.

Use your AirPods -- Follow the steps below to use the Setup button to reset your AirPods. Once it's completed, test the issue.

If you can't set up your AirPods

If you don't see the setup animation when you try to set up your AirPods with your iPhone, follow these steps. After each step, try to set up your AirPods again.

1. Make sure that your AirPods are charged.
  2. Close the lid, wait 15 seconds, then open the lid. The status light should flash white.
  3. If the status light doesn't flash white, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
  4. Still can't set up your AirPods? Press and hold the setup button for at least 15 seconds, until you see the status light flash amber a few times and then flash white.

User uploaded file

Apple - Support - Product Selection -- If the issue persists, Apple Support will be able to troubleshoot this issue further with you. They also can supply you with all of your service options, if needed.

Take care!

AirPods volume range in half, no audio below 60% volume.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.