Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Screensaver not selectable

When I open screen saver on system preferences and scribe down to select photos it fails to display list of photos on side bar for selection to my screen saver. all I get are the original selection provided with the computer.

Sierra 10.13.3

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 19, 2018 4:36 PM in response to Bbwcmw29 In response to Bbwcmw29

Hello Bbwcmw29,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand you would like to select a photo from the Photo Library on your MacBook to use as a Screen Saver. I would be happy to help point you in the right direction from here.

The following support article provides information specific to the Screen Saver pane:

macOS Sierra: Screen Saver pane of Desktop & Screen Saver System Preferences

You'll want to select a Screen Saver that allows you to choose a "Source" following these steps specifically:

To open this pane, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Desktop & Screen Saver, then click Screen Saver.

List of screen savers

Select a screen saver on the left, then do one of the following on the right, depending on your choice:

• Click the Source pop-up menu, then choose a folder to use for slideshow pictures. To have the pictures appear in a random order, select the “Shuffle slide order” checkbox.

• Click Screen Saver Options to customize the screen saver.

The iTunes Artwork screen saver is most effective when your iTunes library contains artwork.

In the "Source" drop-down, choose the folder that contains the photo or photos from your Photo Library that you would like to use. Keep in mind that you can only select a Folder. This means if you would like to use a single photo as your Screen Saver, it would need to be added to a folder in your Photo Library by itself.

Cheers!

Mar 19, 2018 4:36 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Bbwcmw29

Question: Screensaver not selectable