Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New I pad keep coming up with sign in to I tunes and gives a different User name

I have just bought a new I pad mini 4 and set it all up. Every now and again a message box appear asking me to sign into I tunes store. But the Apple ID it relates to is not mine. Have checked in setting and it’s my user ID that is set up on the I pad and it is connected with my I phone ok but this message keeps popping up. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 4:51 PM

4 replies

Mar 15, 2018 5:00 PM in response to Mpyper

Sounds like you had apps that were downloaded / bought with that other Apple ID trying to download to the iPad.

If you restored a backup that had links to those apps they'll require that Apple ID and password.

Apps are forever tied to the Apple ID that download them, and will always require it to update or download after restoring a backup.

Mar 16, 2018 8:14 AM in response to Mpyper

Are there any Apps on the iPad that have not completely downloaded yet, and are still shaded dark? If you have been unable to provide the Apple ID for it it would not have been able to download.

Did you ever use a different Apple ID? Did you ever let anyone use a different Apple ID on your iOS devices?

Have you ever had any Apps not update, or request this same Apple ID during updates?

New I pad keep coming up with sign in to I tunes and gives a different User name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.