Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duplicate photo libraries

I have two photo libraries now that I updated to 10.13.3 mac OS High Sierra. How do i get rid of one of them?

iMac, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 5:01 PM

3 replies

Mar 16, 2018 3:30 AM in response to Golda11

I have two photo libraries now that I updated to 10.13.3 mac OS High Sierra. How do i get rid of one of them?

What do the libraries look like in the Finder?

if you look at your Pictures folder in List view, you can see the "Kind".

A Photos Library will have a rainbow flower icon, the filename extension ".photoslibrary", if the extension is shown, and the kind will be "Photos Library".

User uploaded file

An iPhoto Library for iPhoto 9.6.1 will be showing an icon with a pink flower and kind "Photo Library" (without the "s").

If you just migrated an iPhoto Library or Aperture Library to Photos, the original library will have the filename extensionc".migratedphotolibrary" or ".migratedaplibrary". The original library will be sharing the image files with the Photos library by hard links and not use much extra storage, even if the file size of the library is as large as the file size of the Photos Library.

Photos saves disk space by sharing images with your iPhoto or Aperture libraries - Apple Support

duplicate photo libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.