Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple Watch compatibility with Sprint cellular?

Apple Watch series 3 gps + cellular. Bought at Target. Called Sprint to set up an appt to get service started on it. They tell me I have to purchase the watch from them. Huh? Is this true?! Three phones calls to Sprint, 1 fb messenger chat with Sprint and 5 hours later and I have 3 yes, 2 no, 1 maybe and 2 I’m not sure. Help!

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 16, 2018 6:51 AM in response to juliefromdwight1 In response to juliefromdwight1

Hi,

As far as I'm aware, once you have purchased the Watch, you simply need to setup on your iPhone. When it comes to the Cellular connection, it will re-direct you to your providers portal. Here, you can log in and add the Apple Watch eSIM option to your current plan.

Please note that your Apple Watch contract has to be linked onto your iPhone provider contract and your provider must support eSIM connectivity.

If your iPhone contract is with Verizon, then you should just be able to go through and set up the Watch and add it on to your plan.

The Apple Watch is essentially like an Unlocked iPhone. It can be setup to work with any provider, however, for now only Verizon is supported. If you had to buy the Watch from Verizon to use it, then Apple wouldn't sell the Watch in the US as nobody would be able to use them (Seems like Verizon's Logic).

Hope this helped.

A.

Mar 16, 2018 6:51 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: juliefromdwight1

Question: Apple Watch compatibility with Sprint cellular?