Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there a thick grey bar covering 1/5 of my screen?

Okay so on my ipad mini, there is a thick grey bar that is not in the middle but not completely on the left side of the ipad either. i can touch things that are under it, but it will not move. there is no water damage and it has not been dropped. it stays in the case at all times.

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 7:53 PM

1 reply

Mar 16, 2018 4:32 PM in response to auntmlynn

Hello auntmlynn,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I see that there is a gray bar showing on your iPad display. I can surely understand how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help. If you haven't already I recommend restarting your iPad. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider .

Have a wonderful day!

Why is there a thick grey bar covering 1/5 of my screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.