Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone6 buggy, slow since iOS11, bad experience at Apple store, what to do?

Hi everyone, seeking guidance for the following situation:

After I updated my iPhone 6 to iOS11 I have had a number of issues including:

-Lag and delays (up to a few seconds), consistently inhibits typing, camera, general phone usage/navigation.

-Texts are out of order (e.g., I text someone, then their reply appears above my message).

-Phone has shut down a few times when outdoors in winter weather. Never experienced this before.

I have gone through most threads related to these issues, followed trouble-shooting steps, and have not had any luck. The phone is ~3 years old, 35 / 128 Gb available, AT&T, version 11.2.5 (15D60).

I scheduled an appointment for the $29 battery replacement at an Apple store in NYC. When I brought the phone in, an employee ran diagnostics and did a visual inspection, and said the battery replacement would be done in 1.5 hours.

When I returned, I was told that the internal liquid contact indicator (LCI) was tripped, so Apple could not replace the battery. I have never seen any signs of water damage before tonight, and (for what it's worth) physical/water damage has never been an issue in 9 years of using an iPhone.

I was offered a refurbished iPhone 6 for $299, but I opted to keep my current phone. Unfortunately, there is now a faint blue splotch under my screen that to my knowledge was not there before.

Please note I am not accusing or blaming Apple or any employees of anything. All my interactions with Apple's staff were friendly and professional, and I fully understand Apple's policies regarding the LCI and battery replacement. In 9 years I have never had to seek Apple's help regarding an iPhone issue, and I am wondering if there's anything I can do that might lead to a less unfortunate outcome. Is it worth taking the phone back and explaining everything? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 19, 2018 4:06 PM in response to Kesimana In response to Kesimana

A bit of lag in iOS 11 is normal, the iPhone 6 is pretty old and is nearly at the end of its life cycle. It might have trouble running iOS 11 and you'll see some lag and stutters here or there, not much you can do with that unless you are willing to buy a new iPhone.

Unfortunately, I don't know what to tell you about the rest of the issues, the messages one might be a bug that could be fixed in a later update. As for the random shut downs, it may be an issue with the battery, but I'm sure you're aware of that, as you went to the Apple Store for a battery replacement.

Mar 19, 2018 4:06 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Kesimana

Question: iPhone6 buggy, slow since iOS11, bad experience at Apple store, what to do?