Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you add someone to a group text

I just wanna add my new co-worker in the group text yet I get stuck pressing the same button over and over again!!! I’m currently using the iOS 11 on my iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 8:29 PM

1 reply

Mar 16, 2018 1:04 PM in response to serita1002

Hello serita1002,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to add a new co-worker to a group message thread in the Messages app on your iPhone. If you haven't already, please force close the Messages app and restart your iPhone. Then follow these steps to add this co-worker to this group message if they are also using an iPhone:

Add or remove someone from a group conversation

Anyone in a group iMessage can add or remove someone from the conversation. You can remove a person from a group iMessage that has at least three other people. You can’t add or remove people from group MMS messages or group SMS messages.

Add a person

User uploaded file

1. Tap the group conversation you want to add someone to.
  2. Tap User uploaded file, then tap Add Contact.
  3. Enter the contact information for the person you want to add. Then tap Done.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers!

how do you add someone to a group text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.