Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log in to iTunes on my PC

I recently created a new password and when iTunes on my PC asks for it I enter it. The password entry box then flashes repeatedly and the only way to stop it is to restart the computer. Then it happens all over again when I attempt to log in again.

I can't even close the iTunes window when I click on the "x".

There is no problem entering my new password on my iPhone and iPad.

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 10:27 PM

Hello Wookmouse,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to sign into your Apple ID with your new password in iTunes on your Windows computer, but you don't have this issue with your iOS devices. To help with this issue, please restart your computer and then try signing into your Apple ID with your iTunes started up in Safe Mode:

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

When you open iTunes in Safe Mode, you isolate the program from any interference caused by plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple. To start iTunes in safe mode, hold down the Shift and Control keys on your keyboard while you open iTunes.

You'll see a message as iTunes is starting that says "iTunes is running in Safe Mode. Visual plug-ins you have installed have been temporarily disabled."

If the issue doesn't happen in Safe Mode, remove any third-party plug-ins.

Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 10:27 PM in response to Wookmouse

Hello Wookmouse,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to sign into your Apple ID with your new password in iTunes on your Windows computer, but you don't have this issue with your iOS devices. To help with this issue, please restart your computer and then try signing into your Apple ID with your iTunes started up in Safe Mode:

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

When you open iTunes in Safe Mode, you isolate the program from any interference caused by plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple. To start iTunes in safe mode, hold down the Shift and Control keys on your keyboard while you open iTunes.

You'll see a message as iTunes is starting that says "iTunes is running in Safe Mode. Visual plug-ins you have installed have been temporarily disabled."

If the issue doesn't happen in Safe Mode, remove any third-party plug-ins.

Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Cheers!

Can't log in to iTunes on my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.