Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X getting disconnected from Mobile network.

My new Iphone X keep getting disconnected from my Maxis mobile network. Happen more then 10 time yesterday and i need to shut down and restart to get reconnected, I manage to get a new sim card but still getting disconnected

a few time today especially when playing pokemon go.

How to prevent from getting disconnected or is it something wrong with my Iphone X?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6, 1 month old

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2018 1:07 AM

Becky_s22,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have just completed the update (actually should be call re-update!). Is your suggestion to do this is because of suspected corrupt files during my previous update to IOS 11.2.6? I hope it solve my problem.

For your information: I was using my Iphone X just as a hotspot for yesterday and this morning, not actively using any app on the Iphone X but running Pokemon Go on my Iphone 6 via the hotspot, my mobile network still get disconnected. I notice the Iphone X feel a bit hot, Ok, maybe warm because i can still hold it. Anyway I will test further after this re-update.

Thank you.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2018 1:07 AM in response to raina_b22

Becky_s22,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have just completed the update (actually should be call re-update!). Is your suggestion to do this is because of suspected corrupt files during my previous update to IOS 11.2.6? I hope it solve my problem.

For your information: I was using my Iphone X just as a hotspot for yesterday and this morning, not actively using any app on the Iphone X but running Pokemon Go on my Iphone 6 via the hotspot, my mobile network still get disconnected. I notice the Iphone X feel a bit hot, Ok, maybe warm because i can still hold it. Anyway I will test further after this re-update.

Thank you.

Mar 20, 2018 5:29 AM in response to LLB2018

Thank you for getting back to us with that information, LLB2018. It's appreciated! While there isn't any way to go back to iOS 11.2.5, I do have more steps for you to use.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Since the troubleshooting you've used didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Test the issue once again.

Cheers!

Mar 18, 2018 9:00 PM in response to Teddy_B

Thank you for your effort to reply but it did not solve the issue. I will list down what I have done since:

1. Remove my SIM card from my Iphone X and put it back to my old iphone 6. No issue with the mobile network even when playing Pokemon Go, mobile network stay connected. Use like this for one day.

2.Put the SIM card back into Iphone X. Problem comes back, the mobile network getting disconnected on the new Iphone X, more so when playing Pokemon Go.

3. Only different I can think off is this:- Iphone X on IOS 11.2.6. Iphone 6 on IOS 11.2.5. How to roll back?

Happy anticipation turn into a great disappointment. Waste of money getting this new Iphone X and now i have to spend time to go and solve this issue.

Mar 22, 2018 2:42 AM in response to raina_b22

Becky_s22,

No your suggestion does not work.

No improvement at all, still get disconnected a few time. Need to restart and wait to get reconnected to the mobile network. in fact i re-update again this morning just to make sure i get it done properly yesterday. No luck, still get disconnected. Appear to need to wait longer to get reconnected and sometime the phone said NO SIM CARD! Getting very frustrating. If this Iphone X does not cost me so much i would have smashed it.

I went to Maxis (My mobile network supplier) where i brought the IPhone X. I try to explain to them the problem and what i have done but how to demonstrate the disconnecting problem to them when it happen ramdomly??? So they said, "Sorry, can't do anything for you, take it to Switch." What the ????, i brought the Iphone from them and when i have problem, they washed their hand and basically tell me to ?????off.

What to do? I am left with a stupid crazy Iphone X that get disconnected when it want to! Should have stay with my Iphone 6 or get some other phone, This Iphone X cost me more then RM4500.00, too expensive to just let it go, most disappointing. Always supported iphone, have Iphone since the 1st one, miss getting the 7 and 8, now Iphone X, maybe X mean the last one that i will buy.

Apr 1, 2018 9:13 PM in response to LLB2018

Iphone X as a paper weight, expensive paper weight.

Disconnecting problem still not solve! Took my Iphone X to Switch to get it repair. Try to explain to the service lady my issue of the Iphone getting disconnected from the mobile network, tell her that i have shut down, reset and re-update numerous times, tell her that i have reformatted also, reset to factory and restart when connected to itune, tell her that i have change to a new SIM card, well you understand what i am trying to said, tell her everything i have done to solve this disconnecting problem. (Maybe i should have told her that i understand computer and software and that I have been programming and playing with computer since the first apple, atari, etc. as she give me the impression that i don't understand computer or mobile phone but of course i did not tell her.

Anyway she said she will reformat the Iphone X for me and advise me to get another SIM card to try out to ensure that the problem is not cause by the sim card or the mobile network. So I wait for another 15 min (quite fast actually) for her to reformat my crazy Iphone X.

I brought a new SIM card from another mobile company and replace the SIM. Keeping finger crossed, hoping the problem will disappear. NO luck. It is still an expensive paper weight after testing it for 4 days. Get connected to the mobile network but after using and playing on the Iphone X for a while, it still get disconnected. Back to same same, shut down, restart, sometime get reconnected straight away, sometime have to wait a while to get reconnected.

Look like i have to pay Switch a visit again, but what other option do i have?

I really hope this problem can be solve as it is a nice phone when it is working properly.

Iphone X getting disconnected from Mobile network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.