Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 6plus screen is not working - its opening apps on its own - I shut it down to reboot now it wants my passcode but screen isnt working right so it types its own random numbers now it is locking me out -

Iphone 6 Plus

Screen is malfunctioning - I rebooted Iphone now screen won't accept passcode because numbers I punch in are not recognize by screen - Screen is opening apps on its own

iPhone 6s Plus, Screen Not working

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 12:31 AM

2 replies

Mar 16, 2018 1:49 PM in response to dub from sunset beach

Hi there, dub from sunset beach.

It appears that the display of your iPhone 6s Plus is working as expected. It's not responding key presses for the passcode and applications are opening on their own. I'm happy to help.

Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Since the issue isn't covered in this article, it's time to contact Apple Support.

If you don't see your issue listed or need more help, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Take care!

Mar 16, 2018 2:05 PM in response to dub from sunset beach

There's a slang term for this, which is "phantom touch". I could any one of several things, but the most common is a malfunctioning digitizer. That's the part of the glass that converts the touch to digital input. As stated, you should probably have it evaluated. There are other causes other than a bad digitizer, including software corruption or even damaged connections to the touch sensor chip.

I've never had it on an iPhone, but I have seen it on an iPad Mini 2. Some days are better than others.

My Iphone 6plus screen is not working - its opening apps on its own - I shut it down to reboot now it wants my passcode but screen isnt working right so it types its own random numbers now it is locking me out -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.