Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to cut clips from middle of a video

For the love of God and Jesus, someone please explain to me how to cut clips from middle of a video, so that i can remove the unwanted clip ? I searched in youtube, all they show is how to trim, trim and trim clips. Even if I use Blade and cut the unwanted section and delete it, how do I reconnect back the remaining clips ? All they show is that you can only reconnect the clips that you have cut with Blade, and not after deleting in-between clips. When I cut the unwanted section by selecting and using the "cut" option, only the video is cut and audio is left behind. Again after that comes the question of how to rejoin the clip after cut. So complicated and I'm so frustrated. So please someone guide me. Even though I'm a beginner in final cut pro, I searched a lot but could not find the solution. Never had I had such problems with any other software for such a simple task.

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 2:11 AM

2 replies

Mar 16, 2018 2:46 AM in response to Pbrahma

Post screenshots of what you are doing.

It should be extremely simple.

To cut a section of a clip in the middle, all you have to do is blade and delete, and the magnetic timeline will ensure that everything will be where it should. There is nothing to rejoin.

It seems that you have some connected audio. If this was the result of detaching the audio from the video, then just don't.

How to cut clips from middle of a video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.