Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power off during update

Power went off duriMac Mini and when I tried to reboot i just get a error message it cycles through a couple times, does not boot up that I get a circle with a line through it with a black screen…

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 10:44 PM

3 replies

Mar 19, 2018 4:15 AM in response to bwazza

Depending on what else may be wrong with your Mac mini computer, if the unit may have hardware failure or may

need to restart in "macOS Recovery" to try and reclaim a workable macOS (and any storage capacity lost due to

BootCamp issues, if a windows system may have corrupted the hard drive, etc.)

You may be advised to consider an authorized Apple service provider to perform diagnostic and repairs to the unit.

Sorry to to offer limited ideas right now, it's very early & I'm not at a Mac. And using an iPad without tech bookmarks.

You may find the reinstall macOS support article helpful, as it tells what keyboard shortcuts to use to restore or install

(and reformat) the Mac's hard drive. A TimeMachine backup and other backups or full clones may be helpful in this.

In any event...

Good luck & happy trails! 🙂

🌞🍀🏕🍄❄🌏

Power off during update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.