Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have no idea what to do!

Someone please help me! I was downloading the latest software update to my MacBook which is about 6 years old. It was almost done and frozen on the last screen before completion and I turned it off thinking it was going to blow something, because who knows. Anyways when I turned it back on I’m went to the regular home screen and when I try to log in, this weird thing pops up and keeps doing it over and over again, and it’s making weird noises. I don’t know what to do?! If anyone knows what I can do to fix this dumb it down for me, cause I don’t know hardly anything about computers obviously or I wouldn’t be in this mess. Please someone help me! Black numbers and info pop up on the side when I try to log in, but it won’t let me upload that pic

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 2:07 PM

No your files should be fine but you should ALWAYS have a backup of your complete system. At the very least you should be using Time Machine to backup!!

Unless the HD has crashed your data should be okay.

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 16, 2018 12:56 PM in response to selinafromtucson

Yep, it’s definitely a kernel panic. Have you tried booting your Mac in safe mode? (Hold down Shift while you restart or turn on your Mac, it will take longer than normal to boot up.) If your Mac works perfectly fine in Safe Mode, then an application or malware is likely causing the issue. While you’re in Safe Mode, download and run Malwarebytes on your Mac to see if any malware is causing the kernel panics. Once Malwarebytes is done scanning your Mac, restart it normally. Are kernel panics still happening?

If kernel panics still occur in Safe Mode, you may want to bring your Mac to the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

I have no idea what to do!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.