Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I generate an app specific password

How do I generate app specific password ?

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2018 12:36 PM

Totally agree! I followed the instructions under "How to generate an app-specific password," but after I logged onto my account, I found there is no place to click "Generate New Password" or "App Specific Passwords" in the security section. Should have read above the instructions as it clearly states you need 2FA. I just want to get my freakin' icloud account in my Microsoft Outlook. Why do I need to add more hoops to jump through for authentication!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2018 12:36 PM in response to PDB Milwaukee

Totally agree! I followed the instructions under "How to generate an app-specific password," but after I logged onto my account, I found there is no place to click "Generate New Password" or "App Specific Passwords" in the security section. Should have read above the instructions as it clearly states you need 2FA. I just want to get my freakin' icloud account in my Microsoft Outlook. Why do I need to add more hoops to jump through for authentication!

How do I generate an app specific password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.