Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How do I generate an app specific password

How do I generate app specific password ?

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

If you are using two-factor authentication on your account : Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

May 10, 2018 12:36 PM in response to PDB Milwaukee In response to PDB Milwaukee

Totally agree! I followed the instructions under "How to generate an app-specific password," but after I logged onto my account, I found there is no place to click "Generate New Password" or "App Specific Passwords" in the security section. Should have read above the instructions as it clearly states you need 2FA. I just want to get my freakin' icloud account in my Microsoft Outlook. Why do I need to add more hoops to jump through for authentication!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

May 10, 2018 12:36 PM in response to PDB Milwaukee In response to PDB Milwaukee

Totally agree! I followed the instructions under "How to generate an app-specific password," but after I logged onto my account, I found there is no place to click "Generate New Password" or "App Specific Passwords" in the security section. Should have read above the instructions as it clearly states you need 2FA. I just want to get my freakin' icloud account in my Microsoft Outlook. Why do I need to add more hoops to jump through for authentication!

May 10, 2018 12:36 PM

Reply Helpful (17)
User profile for user: doreenfrombrooklyn

Question: How do I generate an app specific password