Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chromecast dongle black version 2016-17

The latest version of Airport extreme disables tunneling. My version is 7.7.9. This does not let Chromecast work as it fails during configuration and says: Connected to WIFI but cannot access the internet.

To fix this I am re-posting an answer from a previous thread that worked for me.

1. I set my Airport Extreme to a fixed IP rather than DHCP. It reboots for this.

2. Then I go to the advanced tab on the Airport Extreme and select IPV6 and then change IPV6 mode to: tunnel

and take the defaults with that. Then select : done. This will re-boot the Airport Extreme again. However my iphone then looses it's connection to the Airport Extreme and I had to re-boot my Iphone(8 plus). After that the iphone can again see the Airport Extreme.

3. I reset the Chromecast dongle with the little button and it now sets up and sees the internet.

4. I am not big on conspiracy theories, however I find it interesting that this latest version of firmware "accidentally" stops Chromecast dongle from working whereas privous version working ok. Just saying?

Hope this helps for all other Apple fans.

ITunes Apps-OTHER, Windows 7, Itunes apps missing Cleanup

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 5:32 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Chromecast dongle black version 2016-17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.