Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I go around setting a new iCloud Keychain in my laptop when system preferences do not let me open iCloud settings? Should I buy a new computer?

Suddenly my laptop started to ask me for the iCloud Keychain password, which it never did in the past. I thought I know it, but apparently I was wrong. After unsuccessfully asking several times, safari, pages and iCloud system preferences will not work. So now I tried to circumvent the issue following Apple‘s instructions for the iPad touch and the iPhone, which did not work because my devices have different interfaces and, apparently not the same options. Is there a way to sort this out, or do I need to trash the notebook since it became useless? Can anyone help? Thank you.

null-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), null

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 3:54 AM

1 reply

Mar 16, 2018 7:53 AM in response to Izzie24

You don't need a new computer. Does your Apple ID/password work in other places? Have you tried signing out of iCloud and back in? Have you forgotten your Apple ID password? Have you tried restarting the computer? Do you have a backup you can restore from?

Enter your Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

Keychain Issues - Resolve see post by Kappy

Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Everything you need to know about iCloud Keychain - iMore

macOS Sierra: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

An essential Mac OS X Keychain guide - Computerworld

How do I go around setting a new iCloud Keychain in my laptop when system preferences do not let me open iCloud settings? Should I buy a new computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.