Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: howdo i bypass the credentials to authenticate my device option

IPad 4th gen 32g model number a1458 EMC 2604 FCC ID BCG a1458

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

You need to get the school to release the Activation Lock.

Or return the iPad to the seller for a refund.

Even if you had a pc, you could not get around the managing program.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 16, 2018 5:43 AM in response to Powaymade1984 In response to Powaymade1984

How do you mean? Is this a used device with the previous owner’s apple ID on it? If so youcan’t use it. THat’s the activation lock and since it’s meant to be a theft deterrent system there is no work around.

If you mean something else, please explain and maybe we can help

Mar 16, 2018 5:43 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 16, 2018 5:53 AM in response to Skydiver119 In response to Skydiver119

No i bought the iPad unlocked not connected to i cloud or anything but i factory reset it and it turns out it was a school ipad and has a managing program installed and it's asking me for the user name and password to authenticate the device. Is there a way to bypass or erase that without connecting to a pc? I don't have a pc

Mar 16, 2018 5:53 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 16, 2018 6:47 AM in response to Powaymade1984 In response to Powaymade1984

You cannot bypass it - only the administrator of that deployment can remove that device from their system. Don’t be surprised if they refuse to either. It’s very likely the fact it still is linked to a managed deployment is because whomever sold it never actually owned it or had permission to sell it. If the school actually owns the device, then you were effectively sold a stolen device.

Mar 16, 2018 6:47 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Powaymade1984

Question: howdo i bypass the credentials to authenticate my device option