Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly cannot listen to music without wifi?

I like having access to my complete library at all times so I have a 32GB itouch. The other day I downloaded a new song so I connected my iPod to my laptop to get the song on the device (the Wi-Fi in my apartment is spotty so connecting with an actual cable works best.) All of a sudden all of my music is unplayable. I either get an "item not available" or a "connect to Wi-Fi" message. Itunes recently updated, but I have never had this problem in the past? Now all of my music is unplayable and I'm beyond frustrated. I've tried restoring it multiple times and nothing has worked. Please help, I'm desperate at this point.

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 5:02 AM

4 replies

Mar 16, 2018 7:06 AM in response to TulipsToKiss

I had the exact same problem and found the answer here. Hope it's OK to do this, but I'll try to copy/paste this answer. This IS THE SOLUTION - YAY! (Of course, now I have yet ANOTHER issue w/my brand new iPod 6 128GB - still waiting for responses on that. I TOTALLY identify with your frustration!) Here goes - hope this helps . . .

Hi! I have found a solution! First, connect to wifi, and go into your iTunes app. On the bottom of the screen you will see 3 dots for "more". You will see a list of Music, TV Shows etc. Select Music, then select purchased. You will see all your music appear. On the top of the list you can select "Recent Purchases". Once you select that it will take you to the list of all the music you have purchases either on or off your phone. At the top right corner, select "Download All". Immediately your phone will start downloading each track to your phone. This will take a while so do its when you have a lot of time to kill while connected to wifi. This will enable your phone to download all your tracks at once without having to do it manually, one by one. Hope this helps, it worked for me after I got my new phone and transferred everything on my iCloud from my old phone. None of my music would play unless connected to wifi, so I did this!

Mar 16, 2018 9:53 AM in response to judyfrommankato

Ya I saw this before posting too, I tried it and it was not the solution for me. My ipod ALSO won't let me listen to any songs I got not through the itunes store (old burned CDs, etc.) I've also contacted Apple about this so I hope I can find a solution soon. Not having access to your own music is beyond frustrating :,( thank you for your reply!

Suddenly cannot listen to music without wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.