Related Article

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Badge app icon not correct

The badge app icon in my message app symbol constantly say “1”. Never changes and never goes away when I have no messages. Does anyone see this? I tried to delete all message threads and then start over. But it never goes away...

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Force restart your device. You have not told us what type of device you have. So you will have to look up how to force restart it - under "If your screen is black or frozen" here.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 16, 2018 1:31 PM in response to Ceedeedee In response to Ceedeedee

Force restart your device. You have not told us what type of device you have. So you will have to look up how to force restart it - under "If your screen is black or frozen" here.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Mar 16, 2018 1:31 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 16, 2018 1:52 PM in response to sberman In response to sberman

Ok, thanks. Sorry about that - it is an iPad Pro. I will try the forced restart. Oddly, when I took off all notifications, I thought that would solve it, but when I restarted the notifications, the badge app icon showing “1” came back. thanks for the suggestion!

Mar 16, 2018 1:52 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 24, 2018 6:22 PM in response to lawrence174 In response to lawrence174

Thanks for that info lawrence174. I made the mistake of using ‘reset’ and lost so many settings including wallpaper etc. It did get rid of the ’1’ but quite a price to pay! I’ll be sure to install the newest iOS and hope that 1 stays away!

Apr 24, 2018 6:22 PM

Reply Helpful

Jul 2, 2018 5:43 AM in response to sberman In response to sberman

I have had a “2“ notification badge on my iPad for a couple months. I am at ios 11.4. I have shut off notifications and turned back on. Restored to factory settings. Deleted all my messages. I have shut iCloud off and back on. I have done everything anyone has recommended on the Apple community site. Nothing has worked. this does not happen on my iPhone 7, only on my iPad. Seems there should be a simple fix.

IPad model A1474

WiFi only

Jul 2, 2018 5:43 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Ceedeedee

Question: Badge app icon not correct