Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading duplicate photos

When I upload the photo's from my phone onto my computer I am getting duplicate copies of most of my photos. How can I prevent that from happening? Also, I am getting files that read (for instance) img_2741.AAE and I'm not sure what those files are or why I'm getting them as well. The only thing I know to do is to go through and delete the excess videos/photos and it is VERY time consuming to do so.

I have an iPhone 8 plus and am uploading to a PC.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 11:32 AM

1 reply

Mar 16, 2018 8:55 PM in response to akvranish

The AAE files record any edits you make to you photos on the phone. You would need them if you uploaded to a computer with software capable of recreating the edits (such as Photos on a Mac).

What software are you using to upload from your iPhone to your computer? That software (or the user) would be responsible to avoid uploading duplicates and to refrain from uploading files the target computer cannot use.

Uploading duplicate photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.