Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Undo button missing at notes

I can't find the "undo" button at notes after iOS 11 update. At iOS 10 it used to be both at the app Notes either at the keyboard when it was at landscape. But now i just can't find it.

I already sent a feedback to apple at apple.com/feedback but still no answer.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 9:19 AM

I didn't say there was an undo button on the GBoard keyboard. I said that it was the keyboard that many people recommended as being most similar to the previous one. If it does not meet your needs, find one that does.

Or, use Shake to Undo.

5 replies

Mar 20, 2018 3:58 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

First, i didn't assumed to know nothing about you (but help nothing with your first answer). You just came to a topic that says "hey, a button have gone" and said "i like it. It's a problem of you if you don't". I assumed that i have a problem with the button that isn't there, you assumed you had a problem with the button i missed when it was there. I suggested something useful - in my opinion would be better if had both buttons: Who accidentally erase the typed content, would have it back. And who accidentally undid the typed content would also have it back.

Second, as i said, i already use.

User uploaded file

But maybe you could give me an expert advice with a secret spell to unlock the magical "undo" button that you have.

Third i already have used other apps for writing. But i like Notes. It would just make me more productive if it had the resources of previous versions.

Mar 16, 2018 6:35 AM in response to Ale.Bru

Apple made a major change in the landscape keyboard with the introduction of iOS 11. If you don't like the current keyboard, try one of the many, many third party ones available in the App Store. GBoard is the one most people seem to think is the most like the previous version.

Removing that undo key was, in my opinion, one of the best things Apple did with iOS 11. I don't know how many times I hit it by accident and deleted entire passages.

Mar 16, 2018 6:47 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Hello IdrisSeabright. I guess you misunderstood the scope of the question.

I'm not complaining about the Apple Keyboard. If you're happy with that change, good for you. So that topic is not for you.

For solving either mine and your "problem", or better say, leaving we both happy it would be more productive if Notes had an "undo" and a "redo" button.

I already know and use other keyboards, like GBoard and Swiftkey (depending of what i'm typing). But if i accidentally erase a text, i can't have it back. I miss an undo button.

If you wanna suggest an alternative, you could thing about suggest using another App for writing notes or something like that.

Mar 16, 2018 6:56 AM in response to Ale.Bru

Ale.Bru wrote:

For solving either mine and your "problem", or better say, leaving we both happy it would be more productive if Notes had an "undo" and a "redo" button.

Please don't assume you know what I would find more productive. You don't.

I already know and use other keyboards, like GBoard and Swiftkey (depending of what i'm typing). But if i accidentally erase a text, i can't have it back. I miss an undo button.

So, since you know that there are third party keyboards that have undo buttons and you want an undo button, why don't you use those keyboards? Or, just use Shake to Undo. No button required.

If you wanna suggest an alternative, you could thing about suggest using another App for writing notes or something like that.

I will suggest the alternatives I think make sense in the context of the question. As many apps use the Apple keyboard, changing to a different note-taking app might not resolve the problem. But, yes, you should consider other note taking apps if the built in one does meet your needs.

Undo button missing at notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.