Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File sharing GarageBand

Hi

i backed up my iPad Pro 2 days ago and sent it into the school technicians to get that new MDM thing, so when I got it back everything was wiped (it was expected) and now when I tried to upload back most of my data without doing a full restore. I went on my computer and found the backup folder to find a whole lot of gibberish and now I can’t find my garage band files to upload to file sharing.

can anyone help me try and locate the file names for GarageBand songs please?

thanks, ayaz

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.3, No full recovery

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 8:04 AM

1 reply

Mar 16, 2018 9:46 AM in response to ayaz10zaman

See About File Sharing on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. To make use of File Sharing you would have needed to manually copy off the projects when you could see them listed in the File Sharing area of the device when it was connected to iTunes. The files aren't recoverable from the backup data. You may need to restore the backup fully, then copy off the data, and repeat the MDM process. That said, MDM might restrict your ability to restore or reconfigure the device. 😮

Do you have an iCloud account and was the device signed into it before this got started? Your GarageBand projects could potentially be in iCloud Drive.

tt2

File sharing GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.