Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't find & download photos app for os x 10.9.5

Hi; I have a 13" mid 2010 macbook pro laptop. I upgraded its software up to date by the time but yesterday I had it downgraded to OS X 10.9.5 since it was not working properly with newest software. I have lost photos app and don't know how to find and download it. Can anyone here know the answer and help please. Thank you for advence

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 10:46 AM

The Photos.app is installed as a part of the system and cannot be installed separately, just like Mail or Contacts.

To get Photos installed, you need to install a newer system. The first version of MacOS X, that comes with Photos is MacOS 10.10.3, YoYosemite. There is no way to run Photos on a Mavericks system.

If your Photos are now in a Photos Library, you cannot open the Photos Library in an older version of Photos. You need at least the version of Photos that created the library.

Can you restore a version of your iPhoto Library or Aperture Library, that you used, before you upgraded to a newer system? You need to restore a version of your iPhoto/Aperture library that you used with Mavericks.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 10:46 AM in response to bulentfromtoronto

The Photos.app is installed as a part of the system and cannot be installed separately, just like Mail or Contacts.

To get Photos installed, you need to install a newer system. The first version of MacOS X, that comes with Photos is MacOS 10.10.3, YoYosemite. There is no way to run Photos on a Mavericks system.

If your Photos are now in a Photos Library, you cannot open the Photos Library in an older version of Photos. You need at least the version of Photos that created the library.

Can you restore a version of your iPhoto Library or Aperture Library, that you used, before you upgraded to a newer system? You need to restore a version of your iPhoto/Aperture library that you used with Mavericks.

can't find & download photos app for os x 10.9.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.