Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I display the total number of items in a window and the hard drive icon on the desktop? How to change the computer name?

How do you display the number of items in each folder window? Also how can I get the hard drive icon to appear on the desktop? Also in the User's profile somewhere, I wish to change the name of the computer. How do I do that?

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 9:04 AM

3 replies

Mar 16, 2018 9:15 AM in response to IcyCool7227

At the bottom of each Finder window there bill be the number of items in the window and the amount of free space on that volume.

User uploaded file

To change the hard drive name go to the System Preferences/Sharing preference pane and change the Computer Name in the filed at the top.

User uploaded file

To get the HD icon to appear on the Desktop go to the Finder ➙ Prefences menu option

User uploaded file

and under the General section check Hard Disks:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

How do I display the total number of items in a window and the hard drive icon on the desktop? How to change the computer name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.