Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install an older version of an app

Hey peeps, I need to install Hangouts (Google) on my iPhone 4. I need iOS 9 tho. Help please?

Contact me at: bmus@***

[Email Edited by Host]

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 9:15 AM

IF the developer has opted to keep an older version, you can try and install it using these instructions - Install an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X - Apple Support. However, it is entirely up to each developer as to what versions they choose to make available in the App Store. But if a developer chooses to pull their older versions of their software, then you cannot get the older release.

Also note that an iPhone 4 cannot be upgrade beyond iOS 7.1.2. To run apps requiring a newer version of iOS you would need to get a newer iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 9:15 AM in response to bmus_official

IF the developer has opted to keep an older version, you can try and install it using these instructions - Install an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X - Apple Support. However, it is entirely up to each developer as to what versions they choose to make available in the App Store. But if a developer chooses to pull their older versions of their software, then you cannot get the older release.

Also note that an iPhone 4 cannot be upgrade beyond iOS 7.1.2. To run apps requiring a newer version of iOS you would need to get a newer iPhone.

How do I install an older version of an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.