Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Related Article

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I can not install MacOS High Sierra onto my MacBook (MacOSSierra version 10.12.6) Pro 13 inch 2013, 8GB Memory although I have 71gb available memory of 250gb. The fault I get is ‘You can not install to this volume because it has legacy Firevault user

I can not install MacOS High Sierra onto my MacBook (MacOSSierra version 10.12.6) Pro 13 inch 2013, 8GB Memory although I have 71gb available memory of 250gb. The fault I get is ‘You can not install to this volume because it has legacy Firevault users’. I have tried turning on/off the Firewall with no joy.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), New mac under a month old

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > FileVault and turn off legacy FileVault. When you upgrade your FileVault setting will be updated to the new version.

Posted on

Page content loaded

User profile for user: Wanyeki

Question: I can not install MacOS High Sierra onto my MacBook (MacOSSierra version 10.12.6) Pro 13 inch 2013, 8GB Memory although I have 71gb available memory of 250gb. The fault I get is ‘You can not install to this volume because it has legacy Firevault user