Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 6 that needs a new battery.

I have made an appointment at Cardiff tomorrow that I need to cancel and wondering if my husband can bring my phone in to get it changed another day, without me being present?

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 9:49 AM

Did you reserve a battery prior to scheduling this appointment? Given the sheer amount of battery replacements being done you're going to want to make sure that they actually have the battery available. If they do not then it's about a 4-6 week wait to reserve and get a battery sent to the Apple Store of your choice. As far as your husband going in it's better to make the appointment under his name because they generally ask for ID.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 9:49 AM in response to gemmafrombridgend

Did you reserve a battery prior to scheduling this appointment? Given the sheer amount of battery replacements being done you're going to want to make sure that they actually have the battery available. If they do not then it's about a 4-6 week wait to reserve and get a battery sent to the Apple Store of your choice. As far as your husband going in it's better to make the appointment under his name because they generally ask for ID.

Mar 16, 2018 11:28 AM in response to tluevano

tluevano wrote:

As far as your husband going in it's better to make the appointment under his name because they generally ask for ID.

I've made Apple Store appointments and as long as I could provide the name, appointment time, and device to be evaluated I've never been asked for ID. Might be different in other countries?

Mar 16, 2018 11:33 AM in response to y_p_w

My apple store in Texas always asks for it? And when I worked for apple any time an appointment was made we were supposed to tell them to bring valid picture ID. I don't really see why they'd need it because if they provide all the details you said you provided why would they need it? Oh well, it doesn't really make a difference as long as you get your phone fixed!

I have an iPhone 6 that needs a new battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.