Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I not receiving messages on my iPad

Why am I not receiving messages on my iPad.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2018 9:02 AM

assuming your profile is correct and you have an ipad 2 with wifi only. power your ipad off and back on and check your settings to insure you are connected to the wifi network. turn the wifi off and then back on and choose the wifi network if it does not automatically connect.

are you connected to your usual wifi network? Are you able to send messages? Is this specific to a contact or are you not receiving any messages at all even with contacts with whom you have previously sent and received messages without any issues?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2018 9:02 AM in response to Frits1944

assuming your profile is correct and you have an ipad 2 with wifi only. power your ipad off and back on and check your settings to insure you are connected to the wifi network. turn the wifi off and then back on and choose the wifi network if it does not automatically connect.

are you connected to your usual wifi network? Are you able to send messages? Is this specific to a contact or are you not receiving any messages at all even with contacts with whom you have previously sent and received messages without any issues?

Mar 16, 2018 3:29 PM in response to thelisadaniel

I have a 2014 iPad and cannot receive new messages from anyone.

I can send a message and then I can receive the comment/reply.

My wife has an iPad 2017 and has no problem receiving any new messages.

we also have an iPhone and no problem receiving new messages.

It loos like the message settings on both the 2014 and the 2017 are exactly the same.

what do you think the problem is on the 2014 iPad?

Why am I not receiving messages on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.