Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos upload from Mac to icloud stuck

Photos upload to icloud stuck - showing error:

16/03/2018 5:54:00.765 PM com.apple.photos.VideoConversionService[847]: [17:54:00.765] VTCompressionSessionSetProperty signalled err=-12900 (kVTPropertyNotSupportedErr) (Unsupported property key (it's not in the SupportedPropertyDictionary)) at /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreMedia_frameworks/CoreMedia-1731.15.20 7/Sources/VideoToolbox/VTCompressionSession.c line 1883

I had pretty much completed the upload of around 23k items and then it seemed to start again only this time the number of uploads it says are needed is bigger than the number in the library. When I select 'pause for a day' it then shows closer to 4k photos to upload.

Any help much appreciated as I'm completely lost!

Thank you.

Photos-OTHER, iOS 10.3.3, Photos

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 11:23 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 16, 2018 11:55 AM in response to confusedmark

This will restart the sync and hopefully clear the error.

Device - try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off syncing. Wait a few minutes and then resync. This will start the sync from the beginning.

Computer - try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing.

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Mar 17, 2018 12:17 PM in response to confusedmark

Yes it does start for zero which is why it is the last resort - this sync should be faster than the original one but it is still a full upload and requires that the Mac be on WiFi, powered and awake any time you disconnect the library form iCloud and reconnect it it requires a full upload to verify library integrity - Why is iCloud uploading my entire iCloud Photo library again after I moved its location?

LN

Photos upload from Mac to icloud stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.