Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why is Apple Mail showing unread and invisible junk mail for my gmail account?

Lately, my email is still working, but the junk mail for my gmail account is accumulating and invisible. Marking all as read doesn't affect it, and neither did reindexing the mail. I also tried unticking "Mail" from my gmail account and reticking it, but that didn't seem to do anything.

What else can I do? Is this a bug?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 16, 2018 11:34 AM in response to grayfox5 In response to grayfox5

No, it isn't a bug. Open Mail's preferences, click on Accounts in the toolbar, click on Mailbox Behaviors in the panel. You may see something like below:

User uploaded file

If you see "Never" for Erase junk messages: and for Erase deleted messages: then you may wish to change those settings.

Mar 16, 2018 11:34 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: grayfox5

Question: Why is Apple Mail showing unread and invisible junk mail for my gmail account?